SEO Contest Sponsored by Microsoft and IIIT Hyderabad
The International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) in Hyderabad organizes an SEO contest to celebrate something. The information is a bit fuzzy, but so far I’ve managed to find out that
- The contest ends on February 23.
- The prizes amount to $200-ish and the pot is growing. They probably haven’t gathered all their sponsors yet.
- Microsoft is sponsoring this, so rankings on Bing (eek!) will be taken into account too.
- You have to also rank on a search engine I’ve never heard before (hands up if you know what Duckduckgo.com is. Thought so.
- There are no restrictions on the methods used to rank the entry page 🙂 I wonder how many people will try to blast their pages with junk and hope for the best.
- Not many people have joined, and there are like three weeks left.
- Given that it’s a mock term with no competition, ranking shouldn’t be hard at all. The keyword is SEOContestAtIIITHyderabad.
That’s about it for now. I’ll follow up if/when I get more details. Stay tuned!